From:
Stephanie Gilbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 08:58:07 -0700
Hi all,

Some of you have had the privilege of meeting or seeing photos of my
BIG boy cinnamon, Roly (for those of you who haven't and would like
to see him, here is his website
http://www.ferretsanctuary.com/stephanie/roly.shtml
for pictures and info).  Anyway, as some of you know, my Roly is a
rather, shall we say, ample fellow.

To begin this story at the beginning, I must tell you about how my
ferrets created this monstrosity.  We have one of the big SuperPet
hammocks (lined with fleece) in our cage.  Our 8 ferrets have been
curiously digging (as all fuzzsters do) on the hammock for a few
months now.  They have finally achieved their goal of digging through
the fleece on the hammock and creating a new sleep sack, pita pocket
hammock.  All of the ferrets now climb inside the hammock to doze.

This morning, I was lying on the couch reading my book.  I heard ferret
dooking but assumed it was only some scuffling about who got which
hammock.  It persistently got louder and drew my attention.  Lo and
behold, Roly was suspended upside down.  Having a rather ample backside
(just like his mother), he had some how gotten stuck in the newly
renovated hammock (the ferrets have made two tears in their digging, one
smaller than the other).  I rushed to his aid.  I opened the cage and
picked up him so he was not hanging.  This just agitated him more.  So, I
did what any mother would do...I got the scissors and started carefully
snipping away at the rip to widen for my wide-load.  And was he even
grateful for his release?  Of course not...he looked at me as if to
say, "Mom, I can fend for myself," then ran off to fight the kitty.

Some ferrets....gotta love 'em anyway.

Stephanie Gilbert
dancing with 8, crying over 1

Hug a ferret today; it's the best therapy.

 Stephanie Gilbert * TriFL VP/Events Chair/Librarian
 * work: (919) 962-1355 * http://www.trifl.org
 * http://www.ferretsanctuary.com