From:
Barbara Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 09:47:42 -0400
>CA ferret people need for the dog and cat lovers to feel as threatened as
>they are.  Every time you talk to a pet lover, give them a " I heard that"
>or a "I think I read somewhere that" so-and-so is trying introduce anti
>dog/cat legislation that......and then make up any kind of ugly story you
>can think of.  Image how many times that story will be passed on and on to
>other pet lovers!  You need not even mention ferrets.

Um .... I'm not sure this is a good idea.  If it gets out that ferret people
have been telling outright lies, I think it will hurt the cause more than
help it.  I understand what you're saying, but "the end justifies the means"
never was such a great idea and is generally considered false.  Personally,
I tend to discount causes that use those kind of techniques (like the "free
<someoneorother> activists on campus who yelled: "Look!  This man is a Nazi!
He looks like a Nazi!" when my husband disagreed with them -- he was wearing
a black leather jacket and has blond hair)

--Barb--