From:
Jennifer Henderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 13:19:07 -0500
When I was in the feed store the other day, I inquired as to whether or not
they sold Mazuri ferret food.  They did, however, at the time they didn't
have any in stock...BUT.....they had a bag of the Purina/Mazuri ferret food
for laboratory animals.  "ummm..huh?...I'm sorry, what did you say?...Did
I hear you correctly?" The bag was 40 lbs. and cost the same as a 20 lb.
bag of plain Mazuri food.  Needless to say, I did NOT buy the bag of food.
Does anyone know the difference between "normal" food and "laboratory"
food?

a.) Why would there be a difference?
b.)  Do lab animals get fed "top notch" products or do they get fed
    "whatever because they are all gonna die anyway" products?
            and....
c.) What does Purina need lab ferrets (animals) for and why would there be
    a "special" feed for them?

Please, if anyone has any information about this I am interested in finding
out these answers before I get extremely upset.....Thanks..