From:
FurTulsa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 09:39:50 -0600
I have SO been staying out of these types or arguments and debates, but
this one got to me.

>From: tim fowler <[log in to unmask]>
>... Well my source is 15 years of expirience....

As opposed to dozens's upon dozen's of years of proof, vet studies,
breeders and rescuers fighting the problem and females dying of Aplastic
Anemia?

Your ONE friend must be right and 1000's of vets, breeders and rescuers
are all wrong?  There IS some ferrets who may not suffer from it, but the
overwhelming odds or not in their favor.  Not a smart risk to take.

>... Do you really think that mother nature would have created an animal
>that dies so easily?

Actually, Yes, Mother Nature made many animals with built in *safety
features* to assure that they WILL breed and continue the bloodline.
Plus please remember that Mother Nature did not create the Domestic Ferret.
Humans did.  When WE take responsibility to "improve on" or recreate
nature, there is frequently "glitches".

>... Could we please not jump to conclusions gained by reading vet
>produced reports, aimed at drumming up more business,...

I must say that is likely one of the most narrow-minded, ignorant
conclusions I have ever seen.  But since it is basically "made up" I am
sure that will be a wonderful comfort to all the rescues who have shown
up in shelter sick and dying from Aplastic Anemia.

I wonder... do you believe in Adrenal Gland Disease or Cancer or
Insulinoma?  Or is that just products of vet's minds to drum up charges
for needless surgeries as well?  What other illnesses might your ferrets
come down with and die because you ignore the symptoms and decide it is
nothing more than vet's trying to drum up business?

Susan