From:
Amber Boyher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 18:56:35 -0500
My ferrets obtained ECE about a year ago and they seem to be fully
recovered now, except for a little grinding of the teeth while they eat.
From several of the posts I have read on here it sounds like ferrets that
obtain ECE are carriers of the virus for the rest of their life.  Could
someone please clarify this for me?  If this is not true, what type of
tests (blood?) can a vet administer to detect the absence of the virus?

Amber