From:
John Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 14:54:03 -0700
Debbie wanted to know what carpet that my ferrets don't bother to dig in.

It is the kind that is very flat maybe it could be used outdoors.  I live
in an rental apartment and it is one of those cheaper carpets.  It does
have a pad under it so it is not on hard surface.  I would think any carpet
that is more like a "weaved-into" type instead of plush prevent ferrets
digging because a plush seems like something that they can get into deeper
and think they can get to the center of the earth if they keep at it.

Think about it, dip your fingers into the carpet, if it goes into past the
surface, don't you think the ferrets might think they can get into it?

I like this carpet because it is halfway between the cold hard floors and
the soft plush.  If they do an "accident" it is much easier to clean than
plush.  I do like hardwood floors, I haven't experenced using area or throw
rugs with hardwood floors yet but would like to know how they fare compared
to wall to wall carpeting.

Hope this helps,

John