From:
Melissa H <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 22:57:43 GMT
Hey Kevin,

My kitten/ferret did that too...curled right up in the hammock and slept,
and the ferrets were none to happy, because he left NO ROOM for them to
snuggle in.  (Which was good, because I don't think hammockes are really
designed for cats, anyways.)  Koosh does eat the ferret food, but I put
Iams, Eukanuba, ProPlan, and NutroMax kitten foods in my mix, so I figure
it's good for him.  Koosh is now the proud owner of his own stash of toys,
and he likes to play in the shredded paper, just like a ferret, he'll
tunnel through it...but it sticks to him, cause he's got the LONG hair.
I guess the ferrets are just too much fun to ignore, so he chooses to
imitate.  I'll never understand.

SWITCH TOPICS

I have been to the KiSta Ferret Shelter twice so far (going back to pick up
Mort and possibly Wonder very soon), and have adopted a total of 5 ferrets
from Kim.  The cages are clean, the ferrets are happy and spoiled, and YEP,
it's cluttered....and so is my place...I'm a pack rat, too.

The supplies to care for 30 ferrets are going to take up a lot of room,
no matter how organized you are.  And they get toys, treats, blankies,
hammocks, sleepy tubes....anything a pet ferret gets, just in bulk
quantities.  I'm in love with her personal pet ferrets, she's got some
beauties, but if you go to her website, you can see them all....and be
jealous, because I've kissed them all and you haven't (think NEENER NEENER
NEENER!!!  LOL)

http://www.kistaferret.com

As to blind faith on shelters, its usually very easy to find someone who
has been to the shelter that you want to donate to.  Just ask around, post
here, or call them and see if they have a list of satisfied adopters who
are willing to be contacted by prospective adopters.

Take care!!

Melissa