From:
Philip Langley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 16:22:13 +0800
I was just reading "Who Weekly" and came across an article about a Southern
Californian lawyer called Michael Rotsten who apparently devotes his
practice exclusively to "dogs, cats, livestock, birds and just about
anything with a heartbeat that isn't identifiably human."

It goes on to say that this fellow is a lifelong pet fancier who works from
Encino, Los Angeles, and who has taken on about 250 animal-related cases,
many on referrals from animal-rights groups and fellow attorneys.

Now, I have no idea what sort of lawyer he is but certainly the article
suggested he won many a case for his animals and that set me thinking.  How
about a bunch of you guys from Ca Ca Land getting together and perhaps speak
to this man about representing your ferrets as unfairly oppressed animals,
or something?

It might be a ridiculous idea but then again, what if something could be
done that way to free the ferrets?  I know Jeanne Carley and the others are
hard at work helping to change legislation and I am not trying to suggest
stepping on any toes or rocking the boat unduly, but perhaps this lawyer
could be used as well to fight for the fuzzballs of California.

Just a thought ...!

Wishing all FMLers and their slinkies a very happy Christmas and the best
ever New Year from their pals from down under.

Nona
The Ferret Centre