From:
Apryl Keniston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 01:26:00 -0500
I have been receiving the FML for about 3 weeks now and am so glad to have
an informative and entertaining place to learn about the health, wellfare,
likes and dislikes of my 4 fuzzies.

I am a very new ferret "mommy".  I bought our first, Gizzy, from a local pet
store for my son this past Christmas.  A week later, my son (18 yrs.  old),
went back to the same pet store and bought the brother, whom we named Ozzy
(for Ozzy Osborne the 'biter').  We were told that the boys were about 7
mos.  old.  Then ferret math took over.  It just seemed like we weren't
complete (if you know what I mean).  But it wasn't until I bought the Ferret
USA annual issue that we even knew that so many breeders and shelters
existed.  The boys supposedly came from a breeder in Colorado (go figure).
So we contacted the Brevard Ferret Lovers Rescue and traveled to Melbourne
(FL) from our home near Orlando to adopt to MF females.  Maia, a 2-yr-old,
and GiGi (formerly Dex) a 1-yr-old.  These little girls have really rounded
out our household.  None are very cuddly yet, I hope this will change with
age as Maia, being the oldest, will let us hold and pet her longer than any
of the others.  I am learning more and more every day I read the FML, and I
thank each and every one of you (especially Bill) for providing all this
info for those of us who need to learn so much in a hurry.

Hugs to all fuzzies everywhere,
Apryl