From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 00:41:52 EDT
I am sad to report that my Mosby had to be helped across the Bridge on
Tuesday morning.  He had just turned 6 in May.

I will not go into the medical details - there are still some questions
to be answered, but the information is on the FHL.  Instead, here I will
talk about who he was.

I first met Mo when he was about 4 weeks old.  He was a cute little
squeaker, and enjoyed playing with my fingers.  As cute as he was, I was
not getting any more ferrets.  But, in the weeks that followed, I visited
him several times, and he even came to my house to visit, once after he
was a little older.  Bit by bit, he stole my heart.

By the time he was old enough to leave his ferret mommy, I had decided I
needed him.

Mo was a big beautiful black mitt.  In his youth he won many ribbons and
trophies at shows.  Everyone always commented about his eyes, which were
large and jet black.  But more then just a pretty face, Mo was one of the
sweetest ferrets I have ever known.

Mo also sired several beautiful litters, and 2 of his sons even became
famous calendar boys.  Bo and Taz have both appeared in The Ferret
Company's calendar, and Bo was even on the cover.

But at home, Mo was just an easy going, fun loving guy.  He loved his
human mommy, and got along well with other ferrets.  When we had litters
of kits in the house, he always took it upon himself to show the young
boys the fine art of being a hob, even if they were not his sons.  When
he courted a lady ferret, he was always gentle, and never forward.  Most
of his children tended to have his good personality.

Mo joins his former cagemates, ET and Buster, and a former mate, the
sweet Kaitaia at the Rainbow Bridge.  He will be greatly missed by his
human Mom and Dad, and all the ferrets here, but most especially by his
2 remaining cagemates, Hershey and Kokopelli, and his sons, Night Wolf
and Cloud Dancer.

Rest in peace, Sweet Mosby.

An empty hammock hangs in my heart right now.

Danee

ADV - If your ferret hasn't been tested, you don't know!
For more information visit http://www.geocities.com/russiansmom Reply to: