From:
Manfred & Deb Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 05:12:53 -0800
While I don't doubt that * something * has happened in Spokane, I'm kinda
left wondering since I've heard all kinds of numbers mentioned.

On the list from a couple of days ago, it was 87 ferrets.  Today, Jack
Hawley ([log in to unmask]) posts with the header of *82 ferrets* and
then goes on in the actual post to say that this breeder started with 143
ferrets and that all but 36 of them have dies from the actions of this young
man alleged to have injected the ferrets.

Now, like I said, I don't doubt that something evil has happened here, but
at the same time, before we as responsible ferret owners start spouting off,
we should take the time to get our facts straight.  Otherwise we are all
getting worked up over an exaggeration of one sort or another.

Only IMHO of course.

Manfred