From:
Debi & David Christy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 09:44:43 -0500
To the "Masked owner in CA", sorry this is a day late...

A few months ago we gave Fervac-D vaccinations to 20 some-odd ferrets,
giving 1ml of oral Benedryl 45 minutes before the shot.  The reaction ratio
was 20%.  One reaction was severe, one moderate, two mild.  Friday, we gave
6 more vaccinations with the same batch of vaccine with no reactions!  The
difference: This time, we gave 1ml of oral Benedry daily for 2 days before
the shot day and 1ml of oral Benedryl 45 minutes before the shot.

Also, please ask your vet to give the rabies shot separately so that you
can be certain which shot causes any kind of reaction.  It's usually the
distemper, but reactions to the rabies vaccine have been known to happen.
The nutrical is not likely to be the culprit of the nausea.

Debi Christy
Ferrets First Foster Home