From:
Toni and Robert Tilley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 01:18:39 EDT
Here's a cute and very true short story about one of our ferrets.

We currently have 5 very loved and spoiled fuzzies.  With the exception
of one, they all LOVE N-bones chew sticks for ferrets...especially Bear.
In fact, it's the only treat he really likes.  We try not to run out,
but occasionally we do.  This time it was because our supplier was
out-of-stock.  Our poor fuzzy kids had to muddle through without them
for a whole week!  But the first day we had them again I gladly gave one
to Bear right after he woke up from a nap.

He was very happy to have it, as we knew he would be, and off he went
with it.  But, I'd forgotten that they always need to use the box after a
nap, which he hadn't done yet.  We thought he'd be running off to eat his
treat, but watched him trot over to the nearest poop box and relieve
himself.  The funny part was he had that N-bone in his mouth the entire
time he was going to the bathroom!  He did his thing, wiped his butt, and
off he went to enjoy his N-bone, never letting it out of his mouth the
entire time!  We laughed so hard as we watched him and for sometime
afterward.  Nature was calling but he wasn't going to part with his
awaited treasure even for one second!

Toni & Rob
with Bunny, Cody, Chico, Bear and Daisy
missing Pixie and Quigley