From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:08:19 -0400
Hi FML Friends,

Dis here is Wednesday, and I have moved into Ledoux Hospice to cheer
the lady who does the cooking after Charity passed to the Bridge. I am
settling in nicely thank you. Dis is my third house, and I have to tell
you, the first one, after I left my momma who had dinner on tap, was
AWFUL. I don' t think they ever went to the store cause der was no
food. I near starved to death.

My second house was at Ferretwise with Shelter Mom Alicia. We had lots
of food and n bones and lots of ferret kids, and I was just getting
happy, when, I gets a call that I can have a forever home. So off I
goes agin.

I hast ta tell you dis forever house is strange - got lots of strange
kids.

Everyone has fur 'cept the kid next door. He has two feet, with some
toes going one way, and some going the other. He don't dook, he chirps,
and he can spread his clothes out and fold dem up again without hands.
Two of the other kids make a loud woof noise, and one kid howls. Two of
the other fur kids meow, and we have some very, very, strange kids in a
bottle, they have no hands, no feet, no ears that I can see, and they
don't make a sound, just bubble, bubble, bubble.

In the water bottle with the skinny kids with no clothes, is another
kid who, and I can't say this nicely, peeze don't think I'm bad, looks
like he lives in a big round poop. He comes out for dinner and he has
no feet either. He scoots right up the glass wall with no feet and no
hands, and just hangs on with no teeth. That is scary.

I'm am a beautiful champagne colored ferret girl with a bib and a blaze
and white gloves on my front feet, but if I stay here, I'm afraid I'll
be gray in no time. I never in all my 19 weeks have seen anything like
what I lives wif in dis house.

The lady of the house is a real nice lady. She gives me kisses, and she
feeds me yummy soup. It is warm, smooth, and taste like chicken. She
is good to me. I have toys, and a nice house to keep all my stuff in.
I don' t like to go out to play cause you never know where I'll get
shipped again. When she tried to take me out, I hang on to the side.
She pulls and I hang, and I finally go out, but I'm keepin an eye on
my new forever house. When I come back, I check everything out.

I'm so glad I gots some ferret folks to talk to, cause everything is so
strange here. Dis forever lady is strange, she comes out in her sleep
sack with her feet hanging out and starts making dis soup. Everyone
gets some ferretone with somethin in it. Strange, I never tasted the
kind she has before. Den, we gets our soup. For a bowl of Forever
Foster Mom's soup, I can overlook a lot.

The other ferret kids told me all about life here, Holly and Ivy are
the reporters for the hospice, and they have filled me in on whats
what. I'm practicing the ferret stare, and I eat all my soup up to make
the lady feel good. She has funny feet, but she brings that soup twice
a day. And she calls me her chickie pie. I guess its okay that name
don't get known around the ferret community. I'ze a ferret lady, not a
chickie.

Holly and Ivy jes tol me to lay low and look like a ferret. Good things
will come my way.

Just wanted to let you know how I'm doin. I needs friends till I gets
used to the gang I lives wif.

Dooks to all

Mz Wednesday, the new face at Ledoux Hospice