From:
MAREE CLAPHAM <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 14:33:22 +1200
Jaala had an intestinal blockage last week.  Can you beleive it, she had
eaten the ends off used cotton buds (used to clean ear wax out of ears)
Yuck!!!!

The vet which performed the surgery had never seen inside a ferret but
thought that her pancreas was large in proportion to the rest of her organs.
She was comparing it to cats and dogs and since it all looked perfectly
healthy was not worried.  I doubt it would be a reaction to the blockage
and was wondering if anyone who knows their anatomy could tell me if the
pancreas it normally large in comparison to the rest of their organs, (as
compared to cats and dogs) or maybe someone could ask their vet for me.

Thanks
Maree and Jaala