From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 2010 18:00:51 -0400
JJ FerretWise kaka Jerimiah Jr. is a tough little guy. He was a stray
on the city streets of Boston at age of 3 plus, turned in to the MSPCA,
then turned over to MAFF, and finally transferred to Ferret Wise in May
of 2006. He has resided at Greg's Ferret Funhouse where he went to be
companion to Austin, and has been treated for lymphoma since Spring of
2007.

In true JJ fashion he is keeping us all on our toes, especially Dad
Greg, who reports,"Well, JJ had another "episode" this morning. I went
in to find him listless and drooling. Blood glucose crash. This was a
result of not having the diazoxide, and that happened because the pet
health pharmacy I get it from had a new policy which kept me from
ordering it on time.

Caused a 3 day delay. Fortunately some maple syrup and about 40 cc's
of dextrose and sodium something or other brought him around and
eating soup again. Good thing I got the IV bag and sharps from Dr. G.!
I should have the diazoxide in the mail today, I thought for a bit he
wouldn't make it, but then he perked up looking for soup. Tough little
guy!

Greg

Every hospice ferret we care for requires medicine, supportive care &
suppliments ( lupron, ferretonin) .
Please consider a donation to our hospice fund ..at
http://www.ferretwise.org

Paypal id: [log in to unmask]
all donations are tax deductibel to the extent of US law.

Many thanks,

Alicia at FerretWise