From:
fredi slaugenhaupt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 18:34:05 -0700
Sukie posted an article about disasters and whatnot.

This really isn't important at all, but it really touched me tonight
because there have been storms like crazyyy around here lately.
[eastern central pa.]

Sukie mentioned floods and such. Build homes and everything above a
flood worthy area. Well, what about tornado's? Tornado's hit the tops
of hills. What are we REALLY to do when a tornado is spotted? What I
do, well, what I did ONCE, the only time I remember a tornado watch in
action, I put Kiti and Brutus in a spare cage that I have and took them
to the basement. I thought it was a smart thing to do. But now, I'm not
too sure. The house could collapse, be thrown into the air and then
just land right on top of the foundation. So really, is there ANY way
to keep our animals completely safe when there really ARE such high
chances of natural disasters? We could cover the cages with very thick
plastic-like material or something. But would that really do anything?
Large pieces of extremely have material could bury us, even. Maybe
someone can help me with this...or is it just non answerable? OR am I
being too paranoid? [Paranoia takes over me a lot.]

-frediSTARR and the fuzzies. [[: