From:
Alayne Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 00:59:17 +0000
We've recently acquired two ferrets.  A 7-8 year old unneutered male and
also a baby spayed female.  Although the male is a sweetheart to us,
don't think he'd be sweet to the female, so they have separate cages.
The male has been a solo ferret for many years anyway.  Was considering
getting another baby ferret to keep the younger one company.  Would be
interested in a cinnamon, chocolate or silver especially.  Anyone know of
a good place near Cleveland to purchase one?

Also, is it standard practice to quarantine a new ferret when you bring
it home initally?  When I brought the baby home, the older ferret was ill
a day later, vet thought I should have quarantined the new one, that she
was probably carrying "heliobacter?".  Symptoms of male were vomit and
diarrhea, no symptoms for the baby.  We acquired three ferrets at
separate times in the past, had never heard of quarantining them, and
also never had any problems until now.