From:
Cheryl Nordgulen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 12:41:58 -0800
Hi Everyone,

Hope you had Happy Holidays.

On our side, we lost Freddie Poo on Dec. 31.  He had been unable to
urinate for 48 hours, and an exam by Dr. Mike revealed masses and masses
of tumors, so we let him go.  He is sorely missed.  For the first time
in years, there is no one to make special food for.

On the lighter side, I was lying in bed last night, watching tv, when I
heard the sound of glass breaking.  Fearing the worst, a window, I got up
to check.  When I got to the living room, there were both Sebastian and
Roo on top of the piano!  Looking around, I decided they had pushed a
kleenex box over to the piano bench, which I keep in front of the tv, and
got on to the top of the piano bench and then walked on the tv trays over
to the piano.  The glass that broke was from a framed picture of my
granddaughter!

Congratulating myself on my sleuthing abilities, I went back to bed and
my program.

Now comes a loud thud from the living room, so I get up to go and
investigate.  The little rascals are on the piano again!  Well, I had
to sit down in the living room and wait for them to reveal their modus
operandi.

I hadn't noticed that the piano bench had been moved over to the right
about 1 1/2", thus creating that size of hole which allowed them to gain
access to the top of the bench from the vcr part of the tv stand.  Now,
this took a lot of bravery, as well as some very ferrety maneuvering to
squeeze out through the hole, and then make a right turn up and on to the
bench, but Roo managed it.  And, so had Sebastian.

I couldn't help but laugh, as I picked Roo and Sebastian up,
congratulating them on being such clever ferrets.  Roo was very intent on
my praise, and I swear he was earnestly telling me how he thought it up.
Sebastian, on the other hand, was quite defiant, with his lower jaw stuck
out and this pouty, bad boy expression on his face, just like he was
saying, "I didn't do nuttin, I just followed Roo!" I sure wish the video
camera had been running for this escapade.

After I carefully placed the piano bench in front of the tv stand,
covering entirely the vcr shelf, they were unable to gain access to the
piano again.  But, you can be sure, they are thinking of it.

Cheryl Nordgulen of Critterpen Rescue