From:
Laura Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 07:10:28 -0700
Hi!

I normally do not post much on the FML, and don't always have time to read
them everyday, but I always enjoy the posts when I have time.

I just wanted to say that yesterday morning (Monday)at around 10 am, my
sister's 6yr and 3mos old Miss Kitty passed gently away in our arms with
the help of her wonderful vet.  She was a wonderful roomate to my sis
during the five and a half years they shared an apartment, being a warm,
fuzzy busybody to come home to.  She accepted the addition of a husband,
dog, and house to the picture last year - not before establishing who was
boss to the dog - and they were a happy family.  Kitty was happiest when
she was begging for Cheerios and stealing the shower drain, and loved
curling up in her Eskimo Joe sweatshirt in the corner and dreaming the day
away.She was active and up to the usual ferrety things up until just a few
days before she died.

She developed insulinoma about seven months ago and was doing well on
predisone and brewer's yeast.  Kitty also had some suspected heart
problems.  She stopped eating and drinking about Wednesday last week (she
had apparently developed bleeding ulcers), and had to be hand fed and
medicated, but she continually grew weaker and unable to get around.
Giving sub-q fluids helped, but aggravated the heart problem (as we knew
it would, but we were caught between a rock and a hard place, so to speak).
We knew that there was not much hope of a recovery with any quality of life
for her, and knew she wasn't happy being immoble, so with heavy hearts
decided to end her suffering and let her rest peacefully.  Kitty perked up
some Easter Sunday after church, giving kisses and being interested in the
goings on around her and even ate half of a Cheerio - I think it was her
way of saying one last goodbye to us while she could.

She was buried in a fluffy pink towel (she was a silver mitt gone mostly
white that always looked good in pink!) with a picture of her and my sister
last Christmas tucked between her paws.  As we laid her in her little
grave, the chimes of the church in town began to play, fitting for the
occasion.

She will be greatly missed but always remembered.

Thanks for listening!
Laura G in Oklahoma City
(and Clint and Arnold and Sophie)