Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 12:12:46 +0000
Greetings.

I am concerned about the Mighty Sigfreid.  Over the past month or so, he has
dropped from about 3.5 pounds to just above 2.  He is just about Three years
old.  He has loose stools / birdseed stool off and on.  They are normal in
color.  He remains as active as ever, and is the most energetic of the
bunch.  Apatite is normal and he eats as the rest do.

Sigfreid is a "garbage ferret" he has in the past eaten bizzare things that
I thought were 'safe'.  He ate half of a cotton bandanna used as bedding,
along with the ends of my socks for a while.  He also had a Newspaper phase
where his stool was marbleized with shredded newspaper.  Fortunately he gave
this up.  I even noticed remains of a large rubberband in the litterbox
once, where he got it - and how he passed it I will never know.  (Hence the
Mighty Sigfreid) The worst scare was bright red liquid stool.  Turns out he
found his way onto the counter and stole an entire package of red licorice
and ate half of it.

Before I commit to Xrays and such, is there another alternitive I am
missing?  I question using laxitone as it may cause him to lose too much
fluid.  Maybe I should give him another package of licorice ;-)

- Unique and Humorous .SIG file under construction.