From:
Sandra West Prowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 20:38:32 -1000
It's funny how a simple trip to the pet store can impact ones life.  On a
trip to pick up some Ferretvite to a local pet store, we had to stop and
look at the ferrets.  They ahd three, all in pine chips.  But the one that
caught my eye was an albino that looked absolutely terried.  We asked a
clerk if we could him it and she informed us it was a male and that yes, we
could.  I've never seen anything like it.  He just stiffened when we picked
him.  His little toes were splayed and he hind legs were just rigid.  He
also splayed his front feet and just snuggled into my chest like he wanted
to hide inside.  He's young, that we know, but there was no other
information about him.  He is not a Marshall Ferret, they were sure about
that and guessed his age to be about two moths.  Poor little guy, it was
like holding a clingy baby that had been traumatized.  So...............we
bought him and brought him home.  I enough not to touch them, but he was
just so sad.  When yu hold him, he just presses up against you like he's
afraid he'll fall.  If anyone has any clues...as to what would bring about
this type of behavior and how to best deal with it, I would be most
appreciative.  Luckily, the three girls that we have took an instant liking
to him.  I'd just never seen this splay footed thing and such nsecurity.
OUrs are our confident and loving, perhaps it will rub off.  Help.....by the
way, he is white, with a light colored brown tail and his eyes are so dark I
cannot tell if they are red or not.  He's truly a little pumpkin.

Sandra