Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 16:08:57 -0700
It seems that for hundreds of years, the term "the way" has been used
to describe only positive things. "Showing the way", "The way home",
"I found the way",.....and of course "Oooooooo baby I love your way."
hahaha...but seriously folks, with my recent lay up, "The Way" has
taken on a completely different meaning around here. Running around
the house doing the best I can on my "RV" knee scooter, I find my
poor blind dog in "the way" constantly,...Tazzy who knows his special
feeding times and meds like clock work, under my scooter and much more
dangerous to a ferret, in "the way".....and I am powerless and for the
most part of my life find myself unable to control things....it is very
scary ...( i am however very grateful for 3 cats that know better than
to get in "the way".

The dog is my biggest concern right now and I need some input from my
FML family. I have communicated with her, how very unhappy she is being
blind...it seems I've been foolish thinking that once I can walk again,
I can give her more happiness with walks as she has indicated the
outside is very scary to her now....she is also hard of hearing...
Judith did some energy testing on my communications and Snaps has
indicated that she doesn't wish to be here any more and is not having a
quality of life....but I just can't bring myself to do it. This call to
put her down is tearing my brain apart....on the up side, only 15 days
to go until I can do "some" walking....it seems like light years away
though. Over half our volunteers bailed when I went in to the hospital
leaving all the work to 3 steady helpers....alot to ask of just three
people....and me doing the butt scoot boogie across the ferret room on
some days.......and since I've been home losing two precious fuzzys...
and a foster situation that has gone completely bipolar......but I know
the ferret is safe and in good hands...it's the human aspect of the
situation......So, they say "The Lord doesn't give you more than you
can handle". I beg to differ. Anyone with enlightening words of wisdom
are sorely needed.

Kim

Kimberly Fox
Director/Rescue Mom
Somethin Up My Sleeve Ferret Rescue
http://companiontalk.terrabox.com/SUMS-Rescue.html
Help The Helpless. SUPPORT PRIVATE RESCUE
Pay Pal accepted for donations at this email address.