From:
Cathy Mallette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2013 20:51:00 -0700
Here is a "poem" written for a dog but I substituted ferrets because
it fit:

It came to me that every time I lose a ferret,
they take a piece of my heart with them.
And every new ferret that comes into my life,
gifts me with a piece of their heart.
If I live long enough,
all of the components of my heart will be ferret
and I will become as generous and loving as they are.

I was without a ferret for about 6 months until one day I saw the
"right one" and took him in.

I was without a dog for about the same length of time (at a different
time) and found the right one also.

These are two types of pets I will always want in my life until I can
no longer care for them. Unfortunately their lives are not as long as
ours and they do get old and ill, (as do we), but that is when they
need us the most. They help our lives be so much fuller and brighter,
why would we give them up unless we had no choice?

Cathy M
(written with all good intentions)