From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 18:17:02 EDT
Several days ago there was some talk about dirt boxes.  Peat moss was
mentioned and then someone said it was really messy.  We have used peat
moss for about 2 years now.  We just dampen it and that takes all the dust
away.  Our group really enjoys the heck out of it.  We have it in the
kitchen, so any dirt that escapes can be swept up and put back in the box
or thrown away.  Also, when the fuzzys are finished with it, we toss it
out into the flower beds.  No muss, No fuss.

Here's a funny story that happened to me yesterday.  I fixed my lunch for
work and sat the bag on the couch.  I went back into the kitchen for
something and then returned to my lunch bag in about 3 mins.  The 6 fuzzys
were running around as I was getting ready for work.  I never gave a
thought about my lunch bag.  Well, when I got to work, I put my lunch in
the fridge.  Lunch came and I didn't have a sandwich.  So off to the
cafeteria I went to get one.  I was sure I had put my sandwich in the bag
that morning, but it wasn't there.  I got home and asked my husband how he
had enjoyed my sandwich.  He said he didn't eat it.  I looked again in the
fridge and still NO sandwich.  That's when I remembered Sam had been on
the couch.  Well, to make a long story short, I checked his stash, and
sure enough there was my sandwich, 6 Oreo's, 2 packs of soda crackers, 10
milk bones and some Ritz cracker crumbs.  I had to laugh about it, but I
was relieved to know that I wasn't losing my mine.

Dianna and the 5 Good Ferrets, Plus SAM (the sandwich thief)