From:
Manfred Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 22:45:17 -0500
Hello Everyone,

I have a few questions that I would like answered by someone/anyone because
I'm sure bewildered.

Some U.S. shelters have upwards of 100 of our fuzzy friends and more and
are always crying about the money situation, so why would any U.S. shelter
feel it necessary to accept more ferrets, no less Canadian exported,
unhealthy ferrets.

Especially when there is good Canadian homes for at least 14 of these
ferrets.  These homes are experienced with ferrets and are NOT asking for
financial assistance.  They will pay for spay/neuter surgeries, any medical
attention required and give these traumatized ferrets the individual and
personal attention that they so desperately need.

Now we're talking about traumatizing them even further.  They're going to be
massively caged, examined, carted around and then to top it all off,
EXPORTED OUT OF THE COUNTRY.  Way to go!, lets give the problem to someone
else.  I don't care how well intentioned anyone is, you CAN NOT give a wee
buddy the comfort and care they need when they have been through something
like this and are amongst 10, 20, 50, or 150 other ferrets.

I was told that the ones being shipped to the U.S. already have homes to go
to.  Why aren't the shelters giving the ones they already have to these
homes?

Personally, I will be trying to stop them from being shipped out of Canada
and if anyone else has any sense they will stop this as well.  Furthermore,
if they are shipped out of Canada, I intend to let every news media that
will listen, know about this situation both in Canada and the U.S.

FURTHERMORE, a certain Canadian shelter is NOT ALONE UP HERE IN CANADA and I
very much TAKE EXCEPTION to the implication.

I discovered earlier this evening that I'm not alone in my plight.  I would
look forward to anyone who can help or feels the same way.

I hope I can get a few logical answers!
Thanks for listening, Deb. Fischer and the Fischer Zoo.
Chichlet, Diesel, Daisy, Sonny and Henry - mustelides
Peewee, Charlie and Lady - canines
Bones and Measly - felines