Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 00:06:49 -0800
>Hello, about 6 months ago or longer there was a new supplemment out for
>ferrets or ill kits who were and not eating well.  I can't remember what
>brand it is?  Does anyone know?

Here's some information on a few very good (but somewhat expensive)
ferret food products recommended for ill or malnourished ferrets.  I have
used all of these products with each of my ferrets and the products have
produced very good results in a short period of time, esp.  when the
furkid doesn't have much of an appetite for their regular food.

Hill's "Prescription Diet Canine/Feline A/D" - Great source of
nourishment to 'fatten up' an underweight or sick ferret.  Comes in a
small can and can only be purchased at a veterinarian's office, not a pet
stores.  Price per can ranges from $1.25 - $2.00, depending on the vet's
office charge.
WEBSITE:
http://www.hillspet.com/zSkin_2/products/product_details.jsp
?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441760567

Oxbow Pet's "Carnivore Care" - An ideal choice for providing supplemental
nutrition to ferrets that are not eating.  Comes in concentrated powder
that is mixed with water to provide complete nutrition to rehabilitating
carnivores with a reduced appetite.  Rather expensive and can also only
be purchased through a vet's office but provides GREAT results!
WEBSITE:
http://www.oxbowhay.com/link.sp?page=CarnivoreCare

Trophy Animal Care's "DYNE" - High calorie dietary suppliment provides
high calorie intake for animals recovering from debilitating illnesses.
*Caution* This produce is very high in sugar so it may not be suitable
for insulinomic ferrets.
WEBSITE:
http://www17.serrahost.com/servlet/trophyanimalcarecom/StoreFront

***I've used Dyne and spoken with their customer care dept.  They
recommend ordering the product through one of their on-line distributors,
www.jefferspet.com, for faster service.

Jennifer and the dynamic duo, Sasha & Snowball :-)