Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2012 10:56:26 -0400
There is no way to type this without the tone sounding "put off". But
too bad. This is addressed to no one in particular. I promise. I
haven't even read most of the Ferret Squad posts or noticed who posted
them because after I began to see rampant negativity based on little to
no knowledge about the previous movie or the one upcoming, I stopped
reading because it was just too upsetting to me.

If you haven't watched Jake and Jasper from start to finish? You really
have no business forming any opinion on this film and its possible
benefits or harms. Unless you have seen the movie and have researched
what the film maker is creating this next time? I don't even want to
hear from you personally. I HAVE seen the first one. The first one that
features a shelter operator as a main character and the shelter itself
as one of the main locations. The first one who's whole story line is
based around the shelter, shelter operator, volunteer and adopter. The
first one that goes in great depth not in one scene but through out the
film about how difficult ferret care can be, how misunderstood they
are, and how often they are "dumped".

You cannot begin to compare the first movie to, well, really any other
animal movie that's been done quite honestly. So being that the first
film was pioneering and has nothing to compare it to? How can you
discuss it with any authority? How can you say for one second it will
reap the negative results that other animal films have such as 101
Dalmatians?? You can't. You are just blowing smoke out of your you know
what if you are. As I understand it, this new film is going to be one
in the same as Jake and Jasper and even better.

That said, if you have seen the first one and have privy to negative
or positive reactions, or if you have researched what this new film
will entail? I welcome those opinions and so disregard this post.

Wolfy
ps, I just don't want any emotional, impulsive, unknowledgeable voices
determining whether this film gets made/seen or not. Because if wrong,
either way, that could be detrimental to the little ones we love so.
pss .. as far as whether or not to offer an educated and positive view
of ferrets out to the general public via this movie? Mom was wrong.
Ignorance is not bliss.