From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2006 09:07:22 -0400
I have been mulling this over for the past 24 or so hours.  No FML from
cunyvm.edu.  Funny, even with the bickering and such it always something
to look to when I get a moment to sit and sip coffee.  My version of the
morning paper.

Then I started thinking, Bill says it is only temporary, and it will
continue, so that is a new beginning.  New beginnings, an idea started
to form.

Why not make this a new beginning for all?  Not just our beloved FML?
Over the years, I have read and seen friendships come to an end over
opinions, disagreements, something misread (we are all human and I admit
there are times the first time I read something it hits one way, then I
read it a second or third time trying to make sure I wasn't over
reacting).  Or things that are repeated, and repeated, and repeated.
Again, we as humans, we are apt to make mistakes, not totally remembering
the exact phrase or words said.  You hear or read one word and use
another word which to you is a synonym, but someone else doesn't see it
that way.

Ferret people are amongst the most passionate pet people I have ever
met.  Fierce in their loyalty to their beloved pet, and beliefs.

I have seen the people of the ferret community move mountains, for
example the legalization of ferrets in Michigan.  Dreams have been
realized.  Randy's firs Ferret Aid Symposium, gave birth to the Ferret
Congress who's VOLUNTEER members work endlessly to plan and execute
educational symposiums that help ferret owners and vets alike, the
endless work of the SOS VOLUNTEERS that work to help shelters struggling
to make ends meet.

So here is where this is all going, with the new beginning of the FML, I
am openly apologizing to everyone I have ever hurt by opening my mouth
and speaking what is on my mind without thinking of how it sounds, Even
when stating the truth, there is no need to be cold, cruel, and mean.  I
am deeply sorry for hurt done.

I also apologize to those who I have repeated gossip about, humans being
humans repeat things, I am no better than any other human.  Even when
repeating something that was told to you as gospel truth, you have to
think and research, just remember, sometimes people repeat the truth and
unintentionally leave out one minute piece, or have fixated on one part
and not heard the whole story.  I am guilty of that, as many are.

So here is my open apology to all who I have caused pain.  If you would
like a personal public apology, please email me off list tell me what I
have done,

So here is to new beginnings not only for the FML, but for all of its
members.

Hug those fur angels folks.

jean

Jean Caputo-Lee