From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 21:48:50 -0400
Hi everyone!

I GOT MAIL!  Yep indeedy I did!  I got some mail and a donation jest for
ME here at the shelter.  Boy oh boy was I SURPRISED!  I guess that really
means I am a truly real mascot here.  A shelter friend Stephanie & her kids
Max, Raider, Peanut, Goose, Unagi, Pikachu and even Snickers who is at the
bridge ( I bet Bear found Snickers!) send a nice note and a donation with a
hammie payment so that Mom can buy us real ferrets treats now that we can't
have the Cheerio's anymore.  That Uncle Bob is SUCH a spoilsport!  So there
is some healthier snacks on the way from the Ferret Store and I will be
sure to tell you all about them when they arrive.  She tried to pass off
some cooked chicken meat but we just stood there and looked at her- (I
think she lost her mind!).  It has been so busy!  Shelter Mom went to a
shelter meeting in CT last week that meanth shelter Dad had to take care
of us :)  Well he did pretty good overall, he gave us shhhhh -- (cheerios)
at bedtime SO I think he did a GREAT job.  Mom was cleaning the room and
talking with us a lots when she came back.  She also has been taking new
printed ferret care guides around to places that let folks buy ferrets-- so
the folks will know what to do-- that's my shelter mom! :)  The volunteers
here have just mailed out the newest shelter newsletter and they is now
busy busy getting ready for Ferretstock on Sat.  Sept 8th!  This event is
sponsored in part by The Ferret Store!  Thanks Joe & Scott-- I hope I
gets lots of treats for thei mention! :)  There is going to be a rabies
vaccination clinic from 1-2 and I will be sure to miss that!  Then of
course there is the great dessert auction um, um!  ADV test kits will be
available for purchase as well at this event.  There are 15 games for
ferres to play too!  It should be great-0 some cycling guys are going to
provide food for folks who attend-- and you can make your own smelly soaps
or lip balm too if your a hooman!  ALL Ferrets are encouraged to keep your
hoomans on a lead at this event!  The photos for the cutest ferret photo
contest at Ferretstock have started to arrive Mom received 4 yesterday and
2 of the photos came with votes too!  This is the first time she is letting
folks vote form afar by mail .  Shelter dad will be scanning pics this week
and posting them on Friday or so on the shelter website you can see the
nominations so far -- and even vote for one if you like.  The lucky Ferret
will win $153 plus worth of ferret stuff including hammies, a tent & treats
etc.!  It sounds like this will be a most wonderful event this year!

When shelter MOm is not busy with us kids :) she is sewing lots and making
these neat colorful beds which she says are special for Ferretstock.  They
received some very special logo mugs too that will only be available at the
picnic so I hope you come to get one!  Tomorrow they is building all the
prize bags-- you see instead of glittery ribbons at Ferretstock when a
ferret wins a contest they get a hugs bag full of toys treats & more.
Makes every ferret a happy kid.  The "Tie Dye King & Queen " will also
get glittery crowns too!  I think I should have one!

There is some pretty neat things on ebay this week if you want to check
them out- remember that each items helps us kids get our vet tests,
medicines, treats and vaccinations.  This is specially important cuz our
old guy Rex has been feeling poorly and the vet is ordering up some new
yucky stuff for him to take in addition to his Lupron shots.  Poor ol Rex.
I need him around to 'splain this old ferret mascot stuff for a while until
I learn it all!  :) SO if you was thinking about some end of summer fun
stuff this is a good place to start.  I specially like the :

Bench Sleeper ends 8/30
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1267878832

Ferret Logo Pen with me in gold running on it ends 8/30
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1630510158

The Pumpkin Gift Set with toys, hammy & treats! ends 9/4
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1268703382

RARE Peanuts Safari print sleeper ends 9/3
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1269139849

More Halloween hammies are on the way too-- so keep an eye out!  Bet cha'
can't wait for ferret tricken' and treatin' I know I can't!  Take care..
remember if you wants information on ferretstock email shelter Mom at the
above address - she can send lots of papers out to you!

Hugs and ferret wishes--
Your friend,
Jerimiah Ferretwise
Mascot Ferret Wise Shelter