From:
California Domestic Ferret Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 May 1996 12:51:30 -0400
I saw the post a couple of days ago about HR37 turning into AB37..... WRONG!
I didn't post immediately, because quite frankly it wouldn't be the first
time the public knew more than us...... We sometimes get left in the dark
too.  So after extensive research on the part of our devoted webmaster here
is what he found.

Yes, there is a bill in the assembly called AB37, HOWEVER, it deals with a
military base issue and to our knowledge has nothing to do with ferrets
(unless to quote the webmaster, they are now being accused of attacking
those as well).

So if you have been calling/faxing Gov Wilson's office asking for his
support of AB37 MAKE sure what you are asking for ..... HR37 is the house
resolution that passed with an overwhelming majority telling the Fish and
Game commission that the State Assembly feels ferrets should be removed from
their wild list as they are domestic animals.  It is the strongest message
we can send at this time.  The importance of all of us being involved with
it's passage tells the Fish and Game Commission some numbers..... and that
there are more than just a 'few hundered' ferrets in CA......

CDFA1
Keep up the good work......