From:
Greta Hoisington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 08:26:22 EST
Here's a suggestion for you that might help solve your problem when your
ferrets beg for treats.  Keep a small supply of their kibble nearby and
when your furkids come abeggin', hand feed them a piece of kibble, one
at a time with love.  You may find that your fuzzies gobble these up just
as they would other snacks that they formerly seemed to prefer.  Sugar
and fruit based treats are a no-no, especially when given in excess.
These can cause problems as the ferrets age and you are right in being
concerned.  The above has worked well for me and some other ferret lovers
in my acquaintance.  You may even find an inexpensive sample bag of
ferret kibble in a brand that is new to your fuzzies which they will
accept with relish.  Cuddle your furkids for me.

Greta Hoisington