Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 04:27:40 EDT
Would ferret waste be a deterrent to a skunk?

No, ferret waste doesn't seem to deter skunks in any way at all.  I share my
house with the open ended Mustilid Mob population and three domestic skunks
and the skunks seem fascinated with the ferret litter boxes.  My albino
skunk will happily take every opportunity he can seize to snuggle down in
the ferret litter pans.  If he is in a particularly playful mood (and wants
to risk the wrath of Ginger, my self appointed ear inspecting ferret), he
will roll around in the litter box.

Actually, since skunks and ferrets seem to share similar elimination
preferences, I am afraid trying to use ferret waste as a wild skunk
deterrent may tend to have the opposite effect.  Here, both skunks and
ferret will happily share the papers in the corner of the ferret playtoom.

Scott and the Mustilid Mob