From:
Deborah Bistodeau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 06:54:21 EDT
Hi to all,

I completely second in what Robert Beth has to say - ignore the garbage
and pluck out valuable information that we could ask for.  It saves my
ferrets lives a few times, no, not few times, many times over and vice
versa.

As for Colburns people, let's have a designated bad day, maybe every
Monday or every other Mondays which is often blue days for people going
back to work or whatosever, "Flame Day" once a week where we come in and
vomit our frustrations or hairballs.  For people that doesn't want to
deal with Flame Day, they can avoid that day.  Smiles.

BIG, is it possible to make this as an official rule to have a designated
flame day and no other days?  Other days are to be educational.  We can
re mind the newbies on this.  Something has to be set up somehow because
some people I know no longer uses FML and it costs their ferrets' lives
a couple times without everyone's valuable information.  Just wondering.

Hang in there, some of you.
April Crompton and Deb Bistodeau :)

[Moderator's note: Flames don't usually follow a schedule like that.  In
all seriousness, one of the biggest issues is that many people don't
agree about exactly when a comment begins to cross into flame territory.
If I attempted to santize the FML to such a degree that almost everyone
felt there was never a flame, I think almost everyone would also feel
there was little point in reading it.  No, I'm not trying to be a cheap
tabloid spreading gossip, but we LEARN by differences of opinion and by
seeing how other people handle situations.  We won't often all agree,
except in our fondless for those fuzzbutts.

All of this is not to imply that true hate and some other types of
vulgar posts aren't rejected.  They are, and will continue to be.  But
I really do like to give people a little leeway -- this is an imperfect
medium; some people have difficulty expressing themselves and some
others perhaps read more into a post than is warranted.  Yes, perhaps
I'm too lax -- could be.  I'd rather err on the side of people saying
too much than cutting them off too soon, though.  BIG]