Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2007 13:18:08 -0400
"Pursuit and hide and seek" game. One of the favourite game of my
spouse (it works best with hearing ferrets with a strong food drive).
Shake the treats container, once the ferrets are close, run around the
kitchen (separated by a wall from the living room / living room area)
and living room and hide behind the furniture. If the ferrets do not
react quickly enough, shake the container again. Repeat a number of
times before giving one treat to the ferret.

"Cat the ferret if you can" game, is a variation of the above "Pursuit
and hide and seek". Use a squeaky toy or shake the treat container.
Have the ferret run after you, run all over the appartment, hide behind
doors, wait for the ferret to get close enough and attempt to grab him.
The ferrets run like mad, most of the time they change their route and
go under the furniture in order to avoid behing caught but sometimes,
they came close by. If you catch the ferret, wrestle him with your
hand.

"Throw the ferret on pillows" game. Some of our ferrets get pretty
excited when thrown (from a short height) on pillows on a bed. We
attempt to catch them before they jump of the bed and throw them again
on the pillows. As a variation of this game, I turn Pitchou on he back
and threw her a pair of socks. She then wrestles with the socks or my
hand for a short time.

Our current ferrets: Pitchou (deaf silver), Typhon, Boulette & Jello
Ferrets who shared our life since 1993: Dynamo, Pepe La Pew, Presto,
Sanka, Mukluk, Snoreau, Boum Boum (deaf DEW), Qannik, Piccolo, Kodiak,
Sol, Maboul & Mordicus Maximus