From:
Friends of Fuzzies <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 17:56:52 -0800
Well...I just got back from the vets...and had to share.  Though Bears
bladder nerves still don't work and he's not walking...yet.  Yet, is the
word.  I wanted my vets opinion, before I said anything, but I thought Bear
has feeling again.  My vet agrees...it looks like almost complete feeling
is back in his legs, feet, tail and lower back.  For quite some time, I've
been noticed that I get a lot of kicking while washing his behind when the
water is a little cooler than his liking.  He also has been fighting having
his toe nails clipped.  We are going to talk to a surgeon again too.  There
might reason to have his back worked on.  Since the nerves are working
there is some very strong hope that it could be successful.  I'll keep
everyone updated on this....but I'm awfully excited about Big Bear walking
again.  We will be giving him a lot of water therapy also..trying to get
those muscles strong again.

For those who don't have any idea of what I'm talking about, Big Bear is
a ferret that was brought into us about a year and half ago that was
paralyzed, due to an accident.  His whole story is on are site if you
would like see it.

Kristine Lunny
Friends of Fuzzies Ferret Shelter
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Farm/2057

Browse or shop to help Friends of Fuzzies at no
cost to you.   Just one click away