From:
Jesse Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 1992 11:07:42 -0500
Chris,

Hello there. I got your internet address for a friend at work who is a member

[I'm not on the Internet.  I have a domain address, but ...]

of the GEnie service. He knew that I had a ferret and needed some resource to
ask questions. Are you moderating a News group concerning ferrets? If you are
what is the name of it? I need help!

[A mailing list, not news group]

Recently, my girlfriend and I bought a young (8 week old) ferret in hopes of
her (the ferret that is, her name is Tater because of her love for TV.) being
able to use a litter tray and have run of the apartment while my girlfriend and
I are at work. We are beginning to realize that this will most likely never
happen, but we remain hopeful that Tater's potty training is still something
more than just a dream. Do you have some tips for potty training a ferret whos
owners are often at work? Is there someone else on the Internet to whom I
should be writing? We are running out of ideas, but Tater is far from running
out of different corners to use.

Currently, she has to stay in her cage while we are at work (from 7:30 to 5:30)
and then she can come out and play when we get home. We keep her cage very
clean and she has a corner tray in one corner of her cage to use as a toilet.
Her use of the tray is sporatic, and our efforts to encourage her to use the
tray are fruitless (i.e. praising her when she uses it, letting play more,
feeding her right on the spot. . .).

We are at wit's end! If you or someone you know can help us, we would be
forever in your debt!

Thanks,

--Jesse, Tonya, and Tater