From:
Beck & PJ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 22:02:43 +1100
There seems to be acouple stuff on hacking/choking stuff on yesturday's
mails so I just wanted to give a bit of my story.

I have a ferret that is 4 now.  Periodically he will vomit - usually from
stress - I've found this after I move house or if he's being ferret sat.
I've had him since he was 6 weeks old and he's still has sneezing fits.
I'd figured it to be allergies.  Most of the time he's okay and them he has
a bad couple days and he's okay.  He gets ferret treat daily to battle any
blockage and I use litter without dust.  Preferably wood stove pellets.

I've found with a couple other ferrets that they seem to have the problems
when they hit dust in there travels. Peuter and Liam ( Peuter in Canada and
Liam in Australia) would wake up in the middle of the night or day or start
sneezing uncontrollably for minutes on end. All I could do was pick them up
and calm them till they were done. No worries to them - they'd head off and
play.

With Peuter all is all right as he's being ferret sat in Canada for another
month and he's with the greatest auntie Mia.  With Liam - I treated him for
coccidia/guardia and to my surprise he no longer had sneezing fits.  I'm
unsure if it was due to that or due to him relaxing in his new
surroundings.  Your guess is as good as mine.

Hugs and Health to the fuzzies.
PJ