From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 1996 18:23:38 -0400
Joanie wrote of her observations about apparent excess of Vitamin A as the
result of the former ferret's owner feeding it too much Ferretone and other
supplements.

We've been concerned about the amount of Vitamin A in the Ferretone, so
instead of feeding it 'straight' out of the bottle, we dilute it, 2 parts
olive oil to 1part Ferretone.  With the eight-oz bottle of Ferretone, we
pour out 2/3 cup into a jar, cover the jar and put that in the
refridgerator; then, fill up the ferretone bottle with olive oil.  That way
we can give a little of the diluted Ferretone as treats and/or rewards
without worrying about an overdose of vitamin A.

I think our ferrets like the diluted stuff better.

Dick B.