From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 10:17:36 -0400
>Subject: Fervac or Imrab made ferret very sick...vomiting and diarrhea
>so, if the vet was right, and my ferret did recieve fervac distemper and
>imrab rabies vaccinations, then folks should watch out for sickness

Scan through the old FML's at the archive site looking for vaccine or
vaccination reactions.  I'm sure you'll find that your experience is not
that common, but definately not unheard of.  There have been many reports
of allergic reactions to vaccinations - including two of our ferrets.
(One reacts to the rabies vaccination, the other to distemper.) As such,
we always spend 45 minutes or more at the vets after any of them are
vaccinated to make sure we won't have any problems.

If you are curious of our experiences with this, check out our ferret page
at: http://www.servtech.com/~greenman/ferrets.html

>Subject: Need a cookie cutter
>We would like to start making our cookies in the shape of a ferret.  That
>will surely get their attention.  We know there are places that sell ferret
>cookie cutters and wonder if the seller, or a generous ferret lover wanting
>to make this small donation, would consider sending us one.

If someone's a bit handy they may be able to make one out of those cheapy
aluminium cookie cutters and a pair of pliers.  The aluminium bends easily
so it shouldn't be too difficult if one starts with a cookie cutter that is
some sort of animal already.  (I haven't tried this yet, although I have
thought about it.  As such, I can't vouch for the results.)

I've heard of people taking the tops and bottoms off of tuna fish cans and
making cookie cutters out of the remaining can.  This metal would be more
difficult to work, but far sturdier cutters could be made.  Besides the
material being free with the purchase of tuna fish, you'll be practicing
one of the "3 R's" (reduce, reuse, and recycle).  It seems so appropriate
to be *earth* smart for our little dirt devils.

And if you get the hang of it, you could even sell the cutters.  I'm sure
there would be plenty 'o folks here that would buy such an item.  ;)

Good luck!

-kim, squirt (ohhhh cookies....ahhghag <Homer Simpson styled droolin>),
 pippi (COOKIES!), atlas (yuck!), jinx (yum!), and rosie (let me at 'em!)

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]    |<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.