From:
April Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 20:46:16 -0500
Hi-As usual, I'm behind on my reading, but I think I can answer the
current questions:

1. I have the Aurn Five-we were recently a Six-Pack, which I enjoyed the
sound of, but my Shannon passed away in October.  Now Shawn and I have
Bandit, who is five and a half, adrenal, and was an April 2003 foster
that became my permanent buddy in August after being an only and
neglected ferret who was dumped three times.  He was a balding sable, but
after a first aborted attempt at a right adrenalectomy, we started Lupron
therapy until we can do a second attempt, and he has regrown fur and is
now a black hooded sable.

Marley is a champagney guy (not entirely sure of his coloring-I've never
seen a picture of a fert that looks just like him) with creamy knees and
a creamy under-neck; he is going to be five in May and has insulinoma-on
pred post partial pancreatectomy last April.  He is doing fabulously.
Cora is a 3 year old adrenal girl, chocolate sable.  She's having surgery
on Monday; her tumor(s?) didn't show on ultrasound, but she is balding
and her UTenn panel is highly indicative of adrenal disease.  She's
spunky as heck, though!

Nicodemus is a 3 yr old chocolate Siamese point who has had no major
problems except terrible rabies vaccine reactions (so we're not doing his
anymore).  He's mommy's baby, and my first ferret.  He and Cora are the
bosses.  Finnegan is a 3 yr old albino-he also has had no big problems,
and is as big as a house (for my guys) for the winter.

From the Bridge: Renate, black sable girlie who was a total momma's girl;
Shannon, also a black sable-the mother hen of the group and grooming
queen; Sparkle, a sable girl who was very sick with lymphoma and who had
been neglected before I rescued her, and only lived a couple of weeks in
my care-she was sweet, and we hope she felt loved when she died.

-April and Shawn and the Auburn Five