From:
Lynn Burroughs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 1995 10:54:21 EDT
Because I was considering moving to Germany several years ago, I looked into
the laws regarding importing my ferret.  The only requirements were a
certificate of health issued within 30 days prior to travel, and proof of
a current rabies vaccination.  There would be quarrantine period.  The only
airline I contacted would not allow him to travel in the cabin.

On the topic of boarding... I'm considering boarding my dynamic duo for 10
days next month.  I was suprised to find that the boarding facilities I
contacted will keep them caged the entire time.  My ferrets don't play while
in their cage, which I think is a good habit for minimizing fights.  I
really feel they need time out of the cage, even if it only amounts to being
confined in a small area for an hour per day so they can indulge in their
favorite ritual of gleefully beating the stuffing out of one another.  Is it
typical for ferrets to be constantly confined while boarded?

Cheers,
Lynn Burroughs
Magill (a.k.a. Cruella DeVille)
Guinness (neurotic sissy-boy)