From:
"Harbor, Livia J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 15:06:37 -0400
I have 3 wonderful fuzzy boys and lately have been having a slight problem
with the middle aged one.  Rascal was the first ferret purchased and is 3
yrs. old.  Mittens came 6 months later and is 2 3/4 yrs.  old, then Buka
is the newest fuzzy, got him last October and he is 4 yrs.  old.  Rascal
has always been the most affectionate of the 3 and after convincing the
other 2 that he rules the home they all get along fine.

Now here starts my problem... All the boys have always enjoyed chasing
feet and nibbling at them a little but lately Rascal goes after everyone
and won't stop nibbling.  Sometimes alittle too hard.  We have noticed a
scab on Mitten's tummy and yesterday noticed a fresh scratch on Buka.
Rascal has been really going after his brothers especially in the cage and
keeps biting them on the neck.  It's gotten to the point that they even
get bottle brush tails.  Other than this Rascal is sleeping a bit more.
No signs of adrenal (hair loss etc) or any eating/pooping problems.
Rascal will still cuddle and I am concerned for him.  Think it could be
boredom?  Suggestions?

Also, I made an appointment at a new vet in my new town and was told both
shots would be given at the same visit with time between the shots for
Benadryl to take effect.  I've always heard to wait at least 2 weeks
between shots.  Think I should change vet's or just not get both shots
together?  I've never noticed any reaction previously but there could be
a first time.

One more thing, at one time I saw a sign somewhere on the internet that
said something about how a ferret can make it to the door in ___ seconds
and bet it can beat you to the door.  I don't remember the exact words but
would really like to get my hands on that sign as my daughter has a lot of
friends over and I am tired of reminding them to get in quick and shut the
door.  I think this sign would help.  Doe's this sound familiar to anyone?

I include all of you who have recently lost fuzzys or have sick ones in my
prayers every day.  May your sorrow be short and your memory of the happy
days last forever.

Liv, Alyssa, Mark, Rascal, Mittens & Buka