Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 02:09:53 -0700
There are a few traits my ferrets have that I was wondering if anyone
here had any insight on.

First, when it's playtime, Bart will excitedly rush around the cage and
"check" things; the water, the litter box and the food bowl.  It's almost
as if he wants to take these things with him (or he's checking to see if
he needs to use any of these things before his "long" journey of five
feet for about an hour).

Why does he do that?

Second, Victoria follows me around like a puppy now.  She doesn't
necessarily want to be picked up and held, or even petted, as she shies
away half the time when I do pet her - she just wants to stand there and
watch.  If I step over the barrier into the kitchen, she stands right
there by it; if I sit on the couch, she's right at my feet standing there
staring.  It's almost as if she wants *something*, but I don't know what.

Why does she do that?

Thanks,
Gary, Bart and Victoria