Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 18:51:10 +1200
Debbie asked why people would spend $1000 on medical expenses on a ferret.

I would ask... why wouldn't you?

If you aren't willing to spend the money before the ferret even gets sick,
when will you be willing?  If you know an animal isn't suffering, if you
know they're fighting, if you know they have a chance... then why not give
them that chance?

If you won't spend $1000 on a ferret, what will you spend?  Are you willing
to spend $500?  $300?  Are you willing to spend $100?  What price has been
set on your ferrets life?

Personally, I don't care what it takes, if they need help, I give it.
Regardless.  I understand not everyone has the money.  I barely have the
money myself on many occasions.  I also know that a lot of vets are
understanding if you're willing to be fair with them, and pay them as soon
as humanly possible.  I like to actually be to have the vet owe me money,
after all, the money's going to be spent eventually.

Sam
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful
committed people can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

If everyone got together ferrets would be treated fairly.
http://www.ferretfans.net