From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 07:19:44 -0700
Please, please stop criticizing those who only want to adopt 'famous'
ferrets, as if they are just doing it for the glory.  Historically on the
FML, most of the 'famous' ferrets have been part of major rescue efforts,
in which a single shelter is suddenly swamped with dozens or hundreds of
ferrets needing homes, medical care, and supplies.  In the Utah case,
there was also an initial sense of urgency; those of us on the FML were
told that we had only a few days to save hundreds of ferrets from death.
At times like these, people want to do whatever they can to relieve some
of the enormous burden from those angels at the center of the rescue
effort by making extra room in their homes and schedules.  I applaud
those who run shelters and take care of these creatures day in and day
out.  But surely, shelters going about their normal routine only hope to
adopt out to those people actively wanting to increase the size of their
business, right?

CJ, I wish you luck in finding good homes for the rest of your ferrets.
Your situation is also extraordinary, and I hope that people will open up
their hearts to your little guys.

Peace,
Julie