From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 02:01:18 -0500
I have been forced at toothpoint to post this message from my brooding
business:

"To all FML members: Please stop posting songs.  It only makes Bob joyfully
sing them and the noise is too painful to bear.  Bob has yet to understand
the poop under his chair is positively correlated to his off-pitch
warblings.  For the love of ferrets, don't let him sing again!"

Thank you for your attention.

 ------

Judy: How could I forget someone who redefined "sleep debt?"  Sure I
remember you, and please tell all that the check is in the mail to pay
for those kind words.

Gravy gut, eh?  Are you sure it isn't the time of year?  All mine are
starting to put on potbellies to get ready for winter.  Chrys looks just
like a grey-brown football.  The "Terrible Foursome" have all peaked at
about 5 lbs apiece.  All the little ladies look a few months along, if you
get my drift.  My guess is the "gut" is probably due to seasonal weight
gain, not the gravy.

However, you can cut out the honey and cut the nutrical in half if you
really think they are fat from over eating.  You can also cut out about
a third of the fat, but remember, proper nutrition isn't just amount of
stuff, but stuff in proper proportions.  Maybe you can just limit the
amount at each serving....

One last thing.  From my experiences (and published literature) it seem
clear that *MOST* ferrets simply do not overeat when fed a diet that is
balanced and nutritious.  I honestly doubt if yours are an exception.  They
are probably showing seasonal weight gains.  Being so far north, you see
the phenomenon before the rest of us because it is tied to photoperiodism.
After all, you have all those windows around your ferrets.  I think they
are just reacting to the light and season.

 -------

A little message for someone to take to Meg in case she isn't oneline yet.
Mickey Moose has reached 6 lbs this morning and is *STILL* growing.  He is
so absolutely huge it is unbelieveable.  He sucks chicken gravy (and it's
derivitives) down like soda through a straw, and is lean and powerful.  He
never stops playing and can drive me absolutely bonkers with his evil and
satanic desire to crawl up my pant leg.  <shiver> I'm thinking to starting
to wear gators full time.  ;-) Minnie Moose is my new little belly warmer.
She seeks me out to sleep, and loves to curl up on my massively powerful
chest to sleep for a few hours.  Sometimes I look down and mistake her for
the late, great Moose, get a bit nostalgic and actually show a moment of
emotion.  She is a real gem.  Thanks again!

Bob C and 18 MO' Mickey Moose Goosers