From:
William Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:17:03 -0500
>From:    Loren Horn <[log in to unmask]>
>
>First of all are you really thinking about the ferts needs and comfort
>or are you just thinking about your own feelings.  This little girl of
>yours is obviously suffering every day she is still with us.  You have
>had a pace maker installed in a ferret!!  For what reason.  to extend
>her life to make you feel better!....

Hi Loren,

Bedside manner is certainly not one of your stronger points is it?  Don't
you think this person is going through a lot of anguish making these
life and death decisions for HER ferret?  We all try to the best of our
ability to do what WE think is best for OUR charges, the animals in our
caretaking.  Its very harsh of you to put YOUR opinions about what YOUR
choices would be in a situation that YOU have only email knowledge of.
This lady asked for ways to keep her ferret warm, not for a lecture as
to the viability and morality of keeping HER ferret alive.  Whether you
agree with the extremes that she or anyone else goes to in aiding their
animal companion a little compassion and support would be nice.

Regards,
Hawk & Patrick,
Salem, Faye, Bandit, Bowser, Bailey, Ferry and Sugar the ferts
Pyewacket  & Azriel the cats
and Smokey the African Grey
Blessings to all animals great and small and those of us who love and
adore them.