From:
"Bill Gruber, FML moderator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:13:57 EDT
Here are the results of the brief "Should the FML carry cross-posts from
the Ferret-Health-List?" survey.

Number of "No"  votes:  8
Number of "Yes" votes: 40
Undecided:              1

This total only included votes received after the question was brought
up to the FML.  (Amy Flemming is not counted, nor are the people who
wrote to me before the issue came up on the FML.  Non-subscribers are
not counted -- actually got a couple of those.)

Initials of those voting "No":

AL  BK  DG  JB  JD  KL  SA  VE

Initials of those voting "Yes" (A few votes had identical initials so
I tried to add another letter to those to differentiate them):

AA  AR  BC  BF  DD  DF  DN  EH  FF  GK  GW  JF  JG  JW  KA KcL  KM  KP
KV  LC  LD  LG  LI  MM  MMc  MS  PA  PJ  RS  RV  RW  ScG  SC  SD  SG
SGi  SM  TB  TL  WB

The undecided person really wasn't undecided but I was.  That vote was to
post them for now but to eliminate them once the FHL has more subscribers:

EG

Most people who voted "no" weren't very emphatic about it and didn't much
care, though a couple of people where quite adamant.

Most people who voted "yes" had nice things to say about Sukie, the FHL
and the FML.

Anyhow, with a 5:1 yes/no ratio, the cross-posts will stay for now.  We
can revisit the situation later if necessary.  I will make sure all of
the cross-posts are put at the bottom -- most of you thought that was a
good way to handle it.

Thank you all for your input and for your nice notes!

Bill