From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Nov 1996 19:09:32 -0500
I just wanted to let my friends know that I decided that now was the time
before any suffering took place, to have two old furry friends of mine put
down today.

Bear (albino) was 7.5 years old and suffering from lymphoscarcoma since
early this year.  His throat glands had become so enlarged that he could not
even eat duck soup.  He was a Marshall Farm ferret.

Streak (silver) was 7.25 years old.  He had pancreatic surgery in January,
but he was put to rest due to a hematoma that refilled every time it was
drained, and was streached to the point of bursting.  He was indicating a
rupture, with some bleeding this morning and blood in his stool, so I felt
it was time before something tragic happened.  Streak came from Peter Koch
in NJ, sired one litter before developing cateracts and being neutered.

They lived together, sometimes with other ferrets, alone with each other near
the end.  They will be missed - old ferrets are just so clam.

11/21/96 Bear and Streak - RIP

Pam Grant